- About Us
- For the Public
Free classified advertising is offered for our members where you can buy, sell, rent or swap just about anything. For non-members, there is a $50.00 per month fee to post an item. If you commit to a full year a 10% discount is applied. Your ad will be reviewed and approved before being posted. Please complete the Web Classified Ad form to have your advertisement posted on the MVMA website.
Veterinarian – Field Programs
MS Board of Animal Health
Job Title: Veterinarian
Employer Mississippi Board of Animal Health
Start Salary: $65,000-$70,000 Based on Experience and Qualifications
Position Type: State Service
Position is a field and management position within the Board; full time position with paid
vacation and fringe benefits.
Duties include but not limited to:
· Field Disease Investigation and Response
· Blood and other specimen collection from the various livestock and poultry species
· Supervision of field staff
· Assist with Poultry and Livestock Emergency Disease Response Plans
· Oversight of Animal Disease Traceability Program
· Entering information into the various state and federal computer systems
· Assist with Animal Disaster Training and Response
· Travel to State and National Meetings for Training or MBAH Representation
· Preparing Reports and Cooperative Agreements for USDA
Candidate must meet the minimum requirements of the position listed at the MS State
Personnel Board: Veterinarian Job Description. In addition the desired candidate needs at least 2 years of large animal private practice experience.
Occasional overnight travel to state and national meetings
Candidates must apply on the MS State Personnel Board website where the position is listed by the posted deadline.
James A. Watson D.V.M. Dipl ACVPM
Mississippi Board of Animal Health
PO Box 3889
Jackson, MS 39207